Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall 2011 - The Final Harvest???

The cool air as arrived.  The Zinnias are still fabulous. Note to self: Plant more next year. 

Cara and I have thoroughly enjoyed the Lady Jane swing this summer and Mom has been going crazy with the leaf blower keeping the courtyards clear of debris. 

The new Cabana was a huge hit with guests and locals as it seemed everyone I talked to in town mentioned it.  "Bernadine, what took you so long?" 

Mom was here for a week and we made our first homemade spaghetti sauce using tomatoes from her garden and mine.  An assortment of herbs were added that a friend in town gave to me.  Delicious!  We also made truffles together for the first time.  Mom enjoyed that and was a huge help.  And let's not forget the batch of Strawberry Jam.  What would I do without her?  She is like my best friend!  I love you Mom! We also bought our "first" pasta from the new Pasta store downtown.  They have pasta shaped like all kinds of things.  The ribbon pasta is the prettiest.  Trying the spinach basil garlic fettuccine!

Guests will be enjoying Strawberry Pie and Brownies this weekend.

In November we go to Tampa for a vacation.  Can't wait.  Just me and Mom and my sister will come down for the weekend.  Our goal is to visit all of the Tea Rooms in Tampa.  Gotta have a dream.  I believe there are 8.  We are targeting 6 of the Tea Rooms.

I've been working on the "Master Knitters Program".  I have to do a report on blocking.  I was nervous about this because I've always avoided blocking unless it was lace.  In any case the first item went so well I started blocking all of my knitting projects that I was always too afraid to.  I guess I worried about shrinkage, damaging the fiber, colors running, etc.  All of these items look much better now.



The Teddy Bear Sunflowers were fantastic but only lasted a few weeks.  It was fun watching the Yellow Finches eating from them.

I will definitely do them again next year just for the Finches. 

God bless and have a Blessed Fall!

"Bernadine the Garden Queen"

No comments:

Post a Comment